.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

A page from my stamp album - France


Some of the best postage stamps are published by France. The French stamps are unique in style, eye catching and absorbing. The source of my collection of French stamps was my father's office who was the head of Interpol in the late 60s and I had asked his orderly to cut all stamps from the envelops from the mail he received from France before throwing the opened envelopes. 

I may add here that the head office of the Interpol, known as ICPO, was then located in France and I believe it continues to be there even now.


The French postal history dates back to 1849 when a stamp of 10c was issued. But my stamp album starts from the French stamps issued in 1940-41 onwards (top left column of the page from my stamp album).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More